Welcome to the Falmouth Commodores
a proud member of the Cape Cod Baseball League
Past Team Rosters
2016 Team Roster
2015 Team Roster
2014 Team Roster
2013 Team Roster
2012 Team Roster
Past Season Recaps
Falmouth Commodores 2015 Season Recap CLICK HERE
Falmouth Commodores 2014 Season Recap CLICK HERE
Falmouth Commodores 2013 Season Recap CLICK HERE
Falmouth Commodores 2012 Season Recap CLICK HERE
Past Community Connections
* In July, 2014, Chandler Eden (Texas Tech), Ryan Moseley (Texas Tech), and Trevor Morrison (Oregon State) attended Falmouth High School for the day to assist the Extended School Year program for special needs students. The players helped students work on math problems, and were especially helpful with the weekly car wash that students take in as vocational training. A special thanks to Rose Moran for partnering her program with the Falmouth Commodores.
In July, 2014, Boomer White and Travis Stout of the Falmouth Commodores attended "Baseball Storytime" at the Falmouth Public Library. This was the 2nd "Baseball Storytime" of the summer, with more fans of all ages coming to hear Boomer and Travis read stories and to participate in activities with the players. After the stories, kids were led by the two players through a series of pre-game stretches to show what it takes to prepare to play baseball. From the '7th inning stretch', the kids ended the morning with arts and crafts where they constructed and colored paper balls and gloves. All who attended had great fun meeting Boomer and Travis and were excited to attend some upcoming Commodores games!
*A Commodore contingent of players consisting of Casey Mulholland, Conner Hale, Alex Young and Nick Cooney attended the 3rd Annual Cape Cod Baseball Day at the Cape Codder Resort and Spa in Hyannis in July 2014. The event was free to fans who could enjoy food and music while getting autographs from players of their favorite team. Falmouth was well represented with the 4 players at the event who entertained Commodores fans for the entire afternoon.
* On June 21st 2014, Falmouth Commodores players Matt Eureste, Donny Murray and Audie Afenir joined the Saint Barnabas Episcopal Church for the annual Strawberry Festival. Accompanied by General Manager Intern, Ove Asendorf, the guys assisted in grilling some food, helped dole out helpings of the meal, then snacked on strawberry shortcake and dug into BBQ chicken for lunch. The wonderful event was a great chance for the players to interact with members of the community who have frequented this event for years. The Commodores are grateful to have had the opportunity to attend this
* Morse Pond 6th Grade Field Day - The Commodores continued their community outreach by attending Morse Pond Middle School Field Day on June 18th 2014. Accompanied by interns Richard Sherman and Abigail Coughlin, pitchers Matt Hall
and Kyle Zimmerman engaged the school kids with a multitude of games as well as stayed to enjoy lunch before returning to the team for an evening win vs Wareham. Thanks to Melanie Burgess at Morse Pond for arranging the players visit; it was a great day!
* On June 16th, 2014, a Commodore player, Evan Ocello, visited and spent the day at East Falmouth Elementary School reading to young baseball fans and sharing with them his experience playing baseball over the years. While our players are here for the summer to play ball, they also enjoy the time spent giving back to the community.
Ocello is from Camarillo, California and currently attends Holy Cross College in Worcester, Massachusetts.
We are glad Evan took the time to visit and hope to come back next year!
* Commodores players visited Waquoit Congregational Church for an unorthodox "Baseball Sunday". Pitcher Kevin Mooney and Infielder Connor Marabell, along with Assistant GM A.J. Grosenbaugh, attended a service on June 15th, 2014, directed by Reverend Nell Fields celebrating our national pastime. Complete with a performance of the wave, a favorite among crowds at ballgames, and a rendition of Neil Diamond's Sweet Caroline, the service focused on the life lessons the game has to offer including those stemming from the infamous near-perfect game pitched by Armando Galarraga. The Commodore's historian and Member for Life Al Irish and Board Secretary Donna Curtis also accompanied the players to the annual event.
* The Commodores and the CCBL were excited to be a part of the recent Friendly's remodeling and reopening celebration in Falmouth in April 2014. The "First Scoop" event was very well attended by Falmouth Selectmen, CCBL teams, league board members and plenty of the Commodore family.
The restaurant looks great!
We want to thank the Friendly's representatives and staff for the great service and excellent food.
*Our 2014 Hot Stove Event held January 16th, 2014, at the Sea Crest Beach Hotel in North Falmouth, was a fantastic night with Boston Red Sox Manager John Farrell, Baseball Hall of Fame writer Peter Gammons and Yankee area scout Matt Hyde along with Commodores Head Coach Jeff Trundy.
We were very pleased to also have the 2013 World Series Trophy in attendance.
The Commodores were also honored to host the Home Base Program. To learn more about Home Base, providing care for Iraq and Afghanistan veterans who have combat or deployment-related stress or traumatic brain injury, click here.
Thank you to the many people who supported our event. The funds raised will go towards improvements at Guv Fuller Field as we continue to update and upgrade at the ballpark.
For a Gallery of our 2014 event, click here.
For 2014 Hot Stove Event Recaps:
(from the CCBL), click here. http://www.capecodbaseball.org/news/garner/?article_id=1669
(from the Falmouth Enterprise), click here. http://www.capenews.net/sports/falmouth-commodores-hot-stove-hits-a-home-run/article_71dbdb66-94cf-5c8b-9cfb-979594849d29.html
(from the Cape Cod Times), click here. http://blogs.capecodonline.com/cape-cod-sports-beat/2014/01/17/extra-notes-from-farrell-gammons-at-commodores-hot-stove/
(from the Falmouth Bulletin), click here. http://falmouth.wickedlocal.com/article/20140127/NEWS/140126892
*The Commodores Board was involved in producing and riding on a float in the Falmouth Christmas Parade in December 2013. It was a fantastic first appearance. The float received the second place trophy!!
A big thanks goes out to all of the volunteers that took time out to decorate our massive truck. A very nice touch was the homemade star affixed to the front with many names of past Commodores that went on to compete in the big leagues.
*Our 2013 Falmouth Commodores Hot Stove Event was a great success.
For a gallery of the 2013 event, please click here.